Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Environmental Audit (EA)
WHAT IS EIA & EA
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is a systematic examination conducted to determine whether or not an activity or project will have any adverse impact on the environment. It is a tool which seeks to minimize adverse impacts on the environment and reduces risks, hazards and vulnerabilities at all stages of the project: planning, design, construction, operation and decommissioning.
Environmental Audit (EA) is an assessment of the extent to which there is adherence to a given EIA and its execution plan that is more commonly referred to as the Environment Management Plan (EMP).
- Course on Public Participation in EIA Process
- Download application forms and permits
- Expert qualifications
- Home Page
- Latest list of Experts
- List of institutions authorized to offer EIA/EA training
- List projects that require EIA
- Read more about EIA
- Recent EIA Reports
- Sample Page
- User guide to Licensing Portal